Clare works with individual and networks of schools to support arts development and implementation. This ranges from training delivery for staff to project design and management of arts programmes for pupils. If you are looking to develop your arts strategy and curriculum in school, or have a special project in mind and require advice and guidance, please contact Clare to discuss your needs.
Recent work includes:
Arts to support pupils with additional needs
Clare is delivering a day of training and development for a group of schools in Hull –Bridgeview Special School, Whitehouse Pupil Referral Unit and Pupil Referral Unit for Medical Needs. She will co-facilitate the session with colleague Colin Jackson from CLP. The day will be for all staff and will explore the role of the arts in engaging pupils with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. The day will provide staff with practical drama and art based activities to raise confidence, develop skills and generate new creative approaches to cross-curriculum delivery.
Arts programme for the Olympics
Clare worked with the Brigshaw Co-operative Trust including their high school and partner primaries to produce a creative programme of work as part of a large-scale Olympics celebration project. The programme involved:
- Designing a cross-arts programme of activities for pupils, working closely with senior leadership and the school project team.
- Commissioning an animator to work with primary pupils on stop-frame, claymation films.
- Commissioning a photographer to create banners for the Trust headquarters which celebrated the schools values and ethos, featuring school pupils and international students who were visiting the schools as part of the Olympics celebrations.
- Working with staff and students and two artists to create an art installation in the main entrance of the high school.
- Engaging an online media company to work with staff and pupils to document and publicise the Olympics project week through audio, videos and blogs.