Working with Cape UK
Clare works regularly work as an Associate Consultant for Cape UK, particularly in relation to their Arts Council ‘Bridge’ role. She produces guidance materials, facilitates a range of training and events and works strategically around the region to establish and support networks, developing the link between schools and the arts and cultural sector.
Recent selection of work – 2012 to present:
- Wrote the ‘Six-Step Guide’ on how to commission artists or arts organisation to work with staff and young people in schools or learning settings.
- Facilitated a number of regional network meetings in East & South Yorkshire with arts and cultural organisations and schools to support them in formally establishing local networks with development funding from Cape.
- Facilitated a series of network meetings in Hull and East Yorkshire to gather data on the current Arts offer for children and young people with Special Needs to help identify gaps and future possibilities. Continuing to work with Castaway Music and Grasp the Nettle to help establish a regular network focusing on the Arts & Special Needs.
- ‘Can they Hear You’ – led on a consultation process around the region with arts and cultural organisations to establish how the sector was communicating the arts offer to children and young people, identifying what was working and where there was need for support and development.
- Produced a regional Artsmark celebration event at York Theatre Royal for over 300 schools, featuring outstanding performances and presentations by young people across all art forms.